WELCOME TO LIFETIME RENEWABLE ENERGY

MAIL US

firststep@lrenergy.com.au

CALL US

1800-288-889

LOCATION

420 Victoria St., Brunswick VIC 3056

How to successfully put a solar panel system in multi-metered buildings?

Key points:

  • Why Australians choose a solar panel system?
  • What are the challenges of putting solar in multi-metered buildings?
  • How to successfully put a solar panel system in multi-metered buildings?

Why Australians choose solar panel system?

30% of Australian homes have been using clean energy though solar panels as of 2022. Some of the reasons why australians choose solar energy are:

  • The price of solar panels has dropped significantly over the years.
  • The government has been offering tax benefits and solar rebates.
  • Solar helps reduce one’s carbon footprint.
  • Australia gets the most sunlight in the world thus it is
  • Saves more money

What are the challenges of putting solar in multi-metered buildings and how to successfully install them?

According to a 2020 survey, only around 66% of Australians own their home. The other 34% are distributed to other types of residence like apartment complexes and townhouses. Putting solar on these buildings is more complicated due to the following reasons. 

  • Lack of accurate and accessible advice for building owners, tenants, and dwellers.

This type of installation hasn’t been really popular yet because of the challenges in installing the rooftop solar. In return, owners have no idea how to start the process.

Solar panels will be installed in the building that allows equal distribution and sharing of solar energy between the various units of a building. It can also be customized depending on preference, say bigger units could receive more solar energy than the smaller units.

  • Difficulty managing diverse interests and needs of multiple residents.

Tenants who are not heavy energy users will still get their fair share of energy. Any excess energy not used will be sent back to the grid and compensated for accordingly. Every unit uses different appliances and amounts of energy at various times, so energy will be directed to each one at the most appropriate time to maximize their financial savings.

  • Technical difficulties of installing solar on apartment complexes.

The difficulty will vary from one building to another. What you need to make sure of is that you work with a certified solar installer. This will give you an assurance that your system will be working efficiently and safely.

If you are worried about the cost, LR Energy offers a free site inspection and quotation for your solar energy solution.

Learn how Lifetime Renewable Energy Pty Ltd does the process from pre-installation to post-installation by reading this article here: https://bit.ly/3EwlUWh

What other problems do you know about putting a solar energy system in a multi-metered building? Let us know in the comments so we could figure out solutions.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.